20 Reasons Why Friends and Significant Others Who Run Are The Worst
1. They are always scheming to get you to run.
"You would love it" they say. "Go die!" You reply.
2. They talk incessantly about running.
"The funniest thing happened on my long run this weekend." (Roll those eyes. Roll them hard.)
3. They will complain about how much they hate running then try to convince you how great it is.
HYPOCRITES! MASOCHISTS! THE WHOLE LOT OF YOU!
4. Or they complain about “having” to run and then laugh when you tell them that they don’t actually have to run.
5. They refuse to make plans for months at a time because they are training for some distance they’ve already run multiple times.
Wait this is your 12th half marathon? And you still have to train?
6. Their entire schedule revolves around running.
"Oh your one day to hang out is your rest day? Perfect, let me clear my schedule so we can get a drink. Oh what's that? You can't drink on your rest day because you have a long run in the morning? Cool story bro."
7. They flood your dirty hampers with their sweaty clothes. (How does anyone go through so much workout clothes in one week?)
8. They talk about poop ALL THE TIME.
9. They are picky about what they eat, when they eat it and they aren’t afraid to play the, “I just ran 15 miles and I just really want…” card.
10. They are always eating which means that you are always eating too.
But seriously, everything revolves around food.
11. They refer to 10 miles as a “short” or “easy” run.
That's not short or easy!
12. They are always bailing on Friday night plans because they have a “long run in the morning.”
13. They are always trying to show you wear they chafed.
(No one wants to see that.)
14. They flood your social media feed with pictures of their feet or their dumb watch.
Oh look, your feet. Riveting.
15. They think it’s funny to show off their black toenails or their blisters.
It's gross. It's really gross.
16. No holiday or vacation is sacred.
Anniversary trip? Valentine's day? Christmas? It doesn't matter, all vacations are runcations.
17. They expect you to wake up early to cheer them on during their races.
If you've seen one race, you've seen them all. (And why do they start so early?)
18. They always try to hug you when they are really sweaty.
No thank you please.
19. They inadvertently wake you up at dawn so they can get ready for their "long run."
Anyone who has ever lived with a runner knows that they are not light on their feet.
20. But worst of all, they make it all look so easy and fun.
Sometimes, you forget and let them convince you to run with them. It's never fun and it's never as easy as they make it seem.
It's time to dish! What drives you crazy about your running friends and family? My sister Samantha shared her least favorite parts about having a sister who runs (CLICK HERE).
To all my friends and family I neglect and act like a total run-hole towards, my bad! You know I love you! But a girls gotta run so she can eat cupcakes and cookies! I'm sorry!
Until next time, #RunSelfieRepeat.