Giacinto Wedding, Check
Friends! I'm alive again! I woke up this morning still feeling awful and thought I was going to cry. But I just had a killer Mexican omlet with my Aunt and Uncle down at Harry's in la jolla and I feel like a new woman! And luckily I don't have to endure this flight hungover. So everyone wins!
I just boarded my plane back to nyc but let's tell some wedding advice and stories before I have to power down.
1. I literally have whiplash in my neck from trying to get my beyonce on at the wedding. There was a point in the night that I went from blissfully buzzed to full throttle turnt up and it probably happened between having a cupcake smashed in my face and Beyonce. So depending on how I feel tomorrow I may have to take it easy until my neck heals. SO my advice? Don't try to dance like beyonce no matter how magical you feel. Only beyonce can do beyonce. Lesson learned.
2. On the prowl. Let me just say there is nothing better than a bunch of handsome men in tailored suits. And isn't it the maid of honor and bridesmaid's jobs to make sure that handsome single men have a good time? I'd say we succeeded. A lady never kisses and tells.
3. Boogie down. The secret to a successful wedding is inviting only your most fun friends and family and making sure your more conservative friends and family quickly meet or partner up with your most radical guests. If there is one thing I am good for it is making sure anyone I know meets anyone they don't know. Then I quickly peer pressure them onto the dance floor. The sooner they get out there, the sooner everyone starts to get crazy. This wedding rocked because everyone was there to mingle and have a good time. So everyone was on the dance floor from the smallest tiny kiddos to the grandparents. GET THEM ON THE DANCE FLOOR.
4. AFTER PARTY. Ok, here's where I went wrong. I went way to hard at the after party and I started mixing beer with liquor. I mean I was feeling all fly walking around playing my favorite game "who wants to buy me a beer." How do you play? You literally walk into a conversation and say, "let's play my new favorite game who wants to buy me a beer." I had a 100% success rate and I highly reccomend you try it. Just remember to play "who wants to get me a water" as well...
5. SPEECHES. If you have to speak, cool it on the alcohol at cocktail hour. I'll admit I was a teeny tiny bit intoxicated and it made me nervous. Don't drink until it's done. It's not worth it. I mean it went great and I'm real proud of my speech but I forgot my favorite joke and was a little wobbly...here's the proof.
Alright kids. I'm being told to power down so more stories to come! Until tomorrow when I'm back in NYC, #runselfierepeat