Putting Your Best Foot Forward with OrthoLite and Charity Miles
When you’re engaged in an activity that is literally one foot in front of the other for hours on end, it’s pretty important that you make an effort to put your best foot forward! It’s the reason runners spend so much time and energy trying to find the perfect pair of shoes! Well, allow me to introduce you to what’s going to help you run happier, OrthoLite insoles! I’m partnering with OrthoLite on this post because they’re the best out there and chances are, you’re already using them! Their open cell foam insoles can be found in more than 200 million shoes each year including ASICS, Clarks, New Balance, Merrell, Nike, Puma, Vans and Timberland to name a few. (See, you’re probably already using them.) How can you tell? Simply flip over the insole in your shoe! If you see little black specks, those are pieces of recycled rubber, which are signature to OrthoLite technology.
(So fancy and SO eco-friendly.) It gives it that little extra bounce to help your feet stay happy and comfortable all day long. (Which is important!)
Personally, insoles are a HUGE deal to my training. I may joke around while I train for marathons but comfort isn’t a laughing matter. I wouldn’t be able to dance my face off during a 22 mile training run if it weren’t for my support system (my shoes and insoles). If I’m not comfortable, I’m not having fun. I’m complaining and that isn’t just bad for me, it’s bad for anyone around me!
If you’re sick of your feet sending you hate mail after your runs, here are 6 reasons you should wear OrthoLite insoles.
1. They are essential running gear! The last thing you want to think about when you’re out pushing your limits is about your feet hurting. Happy feet make happy runners! It’s science!
2. They’re made with recycled rubber! Who doesn’t want extreme comfort from a sustainable insole?
3. They’re inexpensive! For $19.99, they’re a STEAL! AND for every pair sold online at OrthoLite.com, they donate $1 to the Level Field Fund; a grant-giving program that helps athletes achieve their Olympic dreams! (What’s that feeling? It’s our hearts growing 25 sizes.)
4. They’re breathable and moisture wicking! Wet feet are a disaster. That’s how blisters are born! You want an insole that breathes and keeps you dry so that you are pain and blister free!
5. They’re fully washable and antimicrobial! Fight fungus, bacteria and odor! An insole that you can actually wash! No more smelly feet!
6. They’re lightweight and they hold up! Sick of your insoles going flat? OrthoLite retains 95% of its thickness over time.
What’s even more exciting is that OrthoLite has partnered up with the incredible app Charity Miles for the San Francisco Marathon weekend! Charity Miles is one of the greatest ideas ever and if you aren’t using it I need you to stop what you’re doing, go get your phone and download it right now. Charity Miles allows you to earn corporate sponsorships for charity while walking, running or biking. Basically you raise money doing the things you do every single day for free. Sound too good to be true? IT’S NOT! You just launch the app, choose a charity and start moving! Walkers and runners you earn 25 cents per mile and bikers, you can earn up to 10 cents per mile!
So here's where we can work together, no matter where you are in the world let's run, walk or bike as the #RunSelfieRepeat Charity Miles Team! Here's how we do this --
Step 1: Go download the Charity Miles App.
Step 2: Select the runner in the top left corner.
Step 3: Select "Teams".
Step 4: Type in #RunSelfieRepeat and join the team!
Then simply select a charity and get moving! Let's get sweaty and raise some money!
Now let’s kick this San Francisco Marathon weekend off with a contest! I’m giving away 3 pairs of OrthoLite Fusion Insoles to three readers who take a sweaty selfie anytime between today 7/23-7/28, join the #RunSelfieRepeat team, share which charity they are raising money for via the Charity Miles app, and use the hashtag #RunOrthoLite! So hop to it! I’ll see you out there! Until next time, #RunSelfieRepeat.
*This post is sponsored by OrthoLite.