20 RunDisney Costume Ideas
The best part about any RunDisney race are the costumes! Who doesn't love dressing up like a Disney character and running a half marathon? People take their costumes VERY SERIOUSLY and if you are running the Disneyland Half Marathon, you have 23 days to get that costume together!!!! To help make your life easier I have collected my favorite RunDisney costumes as well as a couple ideas I am dying to see happen.
1. Barbie and Ken
2. The Ballerina Stretching Portrait from The Haunted Mansion
3. Chimney sweeps from Mary Poppins
4. Kevin and Russel from Up
5. Winifred, Sarah, and Mary from Hocus Pocus
7. Esmeralda and Clopin
8. The Three Hitchhiking Ghosts
9. The Green Army Men from Toy Story
10. Hewey Dewey and Louie
12. The Evil Stepsisters from Cinderella
13. Marionettes from Pinnochio
14. Roger Rabbit
15. Bert from Mary Poppins
16. Flora Fauna and Merryweather
17. Jack Sparrow
18. Peter Pan, Smee, Hook, and the Tick-Tock the Crocodile
19. Cruella de Vil and 101 Dalmations
Remember the best movie ever, Troop Beverly Hills?! THAT'S a Disney movie. SOMEONE PLEASE BE TROOP BEVERLY HILLS! OR AT LEAST PHYLLIS!
Darla From Finding Nemo!
Remember to use your imagination and try to use what you already have! And here are a few tips for all your RunDisney costumes
1. Make Sure It Is Made of Athletic Material DO NOT WEAR COTTON!
This is the easiest mistake to make. Remember that you still have to run a race in this outfit! Functionality is key!
2. RUN IN IT BEFORE THE RACE
I know you are going to look really silly running around your neighborhood dressed like Jack Sparrow. But come race day it will be helpful to know what works and what doesn't work so you aren't throwing bits and pieces of your costume away each mile of the race.
3. Do a Group Costume
Seriously, there is nothing funner than a group of 2, 5, or even 10 people all dressed together. My sister and I dressed as Smee and Hook for last year's Disneyland Half and we met up with a Tiger Lily and a Peter Pan for a very funny picture. MAKE FRIENDS!
4. STOP FOR AT LEAST 1 PICTURE!
Try, try, try not to run for a PR. Take in the experience and stop for pictures while you are in the parks. It's a race unlike any other!
That's all I have for today, what are some of your favorite costumes you've seen? Email me at RunSelfieRepeat@gmail.com or comment below. Until tomorrow, #RunSelfieRepeat.